Hello From Lions Head ON

Hello, I’m Drake and I’m an addict. It started just before last Christmas when I had to designs parts for a VR company I was working with and used a printer for the first time. I got my own almost immediately after seeing how good they actually are. Initially, I wasn’t planning on spending too much and picked up an AnyCubic i3 mega S. I quickly found the limitations of FDM printing and picked up an Anycubic Photon S to print my ZBrush sculpts. Around July I buggered up my i3 and instead of fixing it, I picked up a CR-10 S Pro v2 partly because I’m too lazy to fix it and partly because I’m tired of chopping up my models to print.
At the time I was a 3d artist for a VR studio in Toronto that made training sims and prior to that I had been a student for game art and eventually did a post-grad in game design. Iv now moved up north so until I’m back at a game studio modeling/sculpting and printing is just a hobby. I have recently gotten into RC cars and am designing my own parts for them.

1 Like

Hey @TriPunk! Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I found 3D printing I jumped in up to my eye brows, haven’t surfaced yet and loving it. Its been 4 years now. It’s addictive and fun, good for you.