Hi there. A lil help please 🙏

Hello im mike from Liverpool uk its its great to find a forum where im confident of getting some answers to my annoying printing problems
Can any tell why this is happening

Im using a elegoo mars 2 pro and its happening a lot
Im new to 3d printing so can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

Likely plate levelling. The part of the plate where the model peeled from could be higher than the other side.
If not plate levelling it could be that the build plate has some contamination and the resin couldn’t adhere as well there. Clean it well with isopropyl and make sure it’s dry before reprinting.
I would also get that on my old printer sometimes when the build plate was clean and level but the surface was too smooth. I would fix that by putting some 80-100 grit sandpaper on a flat surface and scuff the plate across it in a cross hatch pattern to give it some more tooth for the resin to bite into. Obviously thoroughly clean it afterward.

I also find that old resin really increases the fail rate.

Hi thanks for your reply i have sorted the build plate it always sticks sometimes to well it just sticks to the bottom especially the delicate bits.
Someone said to use ptfe spray on the bottom?

Sticking too well to the fep film could be over curing each layer. If you haven’t run some exposure test prints you should do that.

I have tried PTFE lube on the fep on my older printer. It did seem to help a bit, if anything just for the first layers until it wore off.
My new printer has Nfep film (also called pfa) and it has less stiction. It seems to help with reducing the peel forces.

There’s alot to learn about this game i didn’t realise but im enjoying the challenge.

Do you know how and where i can design my own stuff?

Do you know how and where i can design my own stuff?

I would recommend starting with TinkerCad and experiment with creating your own basic objects.

From there, you have lots of tools to choose from. Here’s a not bad list of options (although a bit biased):

Have fun and let us know what you come up with.

Im still having the same problem as shown in the pic i posted anyone got any other ideas?
Plèeeeeeese

The problem I see from the picture is that one corner has peeled off of the build plate bit the rest has good adhesion.
My money is still on leveling.

I’m assuming you’re using the normal paper method to level. Make sure that when you think the build plate is level you check that there is resistance on the paper in all four corners. It might take a few tries to get it right.

You could also do a test print of a bunch of squares spread around the area of the plate and see if any of them fall off. If they all stick well you know you are level, then if you still have printing issues with your model at least you have eliminated one variable.

I don’t know how dense that model is but if it’s basically a big solid chunk where most of the layers take up a big portion of the build area then you are asking for trouble because the peel force is huge for each layer and eventually the fep will win against the build plate and rip the model off.

Welcome to resin printing and the rollercoaster of thinking that it is incomprehensible witchcraft to feeling like a wizard.

I can hear it sticking to the bottom as it lifts up. Its on 6 seconds exposure…

Thanks for that i will try the block thing cheers but i levelled it again and got someone to hold all 4 corners down while i locked it

Maybe try doing a few small calibration prints spread around. Check off two tests at once. If they stay attached then your leveling is good but you can also check your exposure time with them.

6 second normal layers sounds really long. For reference the two brands of resin I have been using, in different varieties on my older creality mono screen printer and my anycubic m3 my normal layers are between 1.2 and 3.0 seconds.
Your resin is dark so it would typically have a bit longer exposure time but 6 seconds feels long. Perhaps it is right but worth doing a test to confirm.
I will never print anything with a new resin (brand, variety, or colour) until I have locked in my exposure settings

After all that if you are happy with your levelling and your exposure time but the small details are still ripping off you should try lowering your lift speed.

This is a good resource for calibration prints since it tells you what to actually look for:

If i change the settings on chitubox before I slice will that transfer to the printer or do i change them on the printer itself?

Typically you change them in the slicer.
Some printers do let you change settings when you start a print.

In the slicer I always create a new material profile with the name, price, purchase quantity, and layer height I’m using.
Then I run a calibration print with the base settings according to whatever the internet has to say about that resin/printer combo. (usually from the resin manufacturer)
Clean and cure the print and analyze the results. Change settings and reprint as necessary.
It can take a while but once you have your profile dialed you shouldn’t need to change it for that type of resin unless your light source or screen fatigue or the resin ages/expires.

One fancy-pants thing my Anycubic printer does is you can slice a file with 8 of the calibration tests spaced one in each eighth of the bed and save the file with a specific name. When you print the file it will expose each section of the bed 0.25 seconds longer than the last starting from the time you sliced with. That way I end up with a series of calibration prints that I can compare together instead of having to slice/print/clean/cure 8 different prints. I don’t know if Elegoo has a similar feature but it is a massive time saver - worth looking into.

Did your last print stick to the build plate properly?

As you can see its stuck to the build plate but its split at both ends… any ideas?

Did you run exposure tests? Clear vs dark resin will almost definitely need different exposure times.

I have experienced that sort of delamination with old resin.

I still don’t know if that model is a solid block or if it’s hollow.
If it’s solid the peel forces will be huge and could be ripping the layers apart.
If it’s hollow make sure you have vent holes near the plate so you don’t have a huge suction cup.
Lift speed might be too high and increasing the delay before lift so the screen can cool a bit can help with release.

Have you successfully printed other models? It seems like having some success on smaller things first might be wise so you don’t waste a ton of resin and can see if any of these problems still present themselves on smaller objects.

Yes it is solidbut ill try hollow next time with holes and the exposure test thank for the tip. I take it you just put a small amount of resin in the tray and run test?

Yes ive printed a few smaller things with good results but it seams to be happening on everything now big or small

I think ive cracked it (fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:)
Its suction theres a big space inside thats crossed off when in contact with the fep and like u said to much surface area so this time ive put a s*"t load of hole’s in it ill let you know how it goes