I created a parametric box you can modify to suit your needs

Not really, in my very limited experience with them. The stuff I’ve printed in wood PLA, I did with the 0.8mm nozzle at 0.3mm layer height, like this coaster. I suppose eventually you’ll come up against a volume flow limitation, probably your hot ends ability to hold temp.

1 Like

Well I just found my answer for for some new shotshell cases for the trap field!

I did manage to get my Lamborghini Aventador uploaded to Thingiverse.

I guess it was just a fluke.

(By the way, it got 669 downloads in 1 day.)

In one day! Noice…

that’s amazing, everyone wants a lambo

Jason H

Working on another one right now.

1 Like

I thought it was odd that anything would get that many downloads the first day it was uploaded (unless it was featured, which they don’t seem to do anymore).
So I checked, and the next day it only had 5 more downloads.
I think I may have figured out why. I’m guessing it was bots so other sites could add them to their list of models.

Ah, they would explain my 1000 downloads overnight on a minor remix…

… Though it doesn’t explain how a remix I did from two days earlier didn’t have the same numbers…

…yup…just uploaded a thing, 400 hits and rising…infected by bots…

So even if you set it to something like “Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial”, it wouldn’t matter.
Anybody who wanted to could just do a google search, find your model and do what they wanted to. Including sell it.
Because nobody would read the licensing information, and wouldn’t care anyways.
I put my stuff out there for free, but I hate to think somebody might be selling this stuff when it is supposed to be free.

1 Like

It’s not different from patents. you need a ton of money to defend them

1 Like

I see your parametric box finally made it to the front page on Thingiverse. :slight_smile:

I printed a copy of it on the Modix Big 40, Have to say very little cleanup but upscaled it 200%. Pretty heavy duty though, at 400% it would be a beast to carry.

1 Like

@chris
Yes, i Seen the Box @Jason made on the Modix Big 40. it’s Good!!

Skookum if you like, :stuck_out_tongue: /AVE

@chris #1 on the Thingiverse 30 Day list!
…sweet…