I have thermol runaway again

Okay guys yet another small problem, I’m getting thermol runaway again, now I can’t see any damage to any of the fittings on the bed plate or the hotend. I have had this before but it was a good wail ago and yes I have had good prints after that episode but now I have forgotten how and what to do.
Thanks in advance :innocent: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I would assume you have a bad thermoresister. They are delicate things likely (best guess) it is the nozzle unit. I would replace it with a high quality replacement and be very careful of cable management.

When you have the temp readings if you wiggle the cables do you get a crazy reading?

2 Likes

How do you know you’re getting a thermal runaway? What exactly are you seeing?

2 Likes

It is possible that the thermistor itself has died, or that the thermistor has come unplugged in some sort way. If there are any spots that it could have unplugged from I would check those out, these spots would include the mainboard or any toolhead pcb’s. If the thermistor is still plugged into everything then I would check the cable itself. You can use a multimeter to check for continuity between the 2 ends or alternatively you could inspect the cable and look for any breaks. Finally I would suggest to just try to replace the thermistor, they are relatively cheap and it might be worth it to just get a new one rather than spend a ton of time trying to fix the issue. If none of these options work for you please feel free to let me know and I can further assist you.

Thanks,
Matthew

2 Likes

And the printer doesn#t respond to anything oh and the very loud continous beepand then i have to shut it down

1 Like

ok i will look in to getting a new 1 and just replacing it and i will get back to you soon

1 Like

Morning guy’s
Where is the best place to get hotend and bed Thermistor from like on Amazon its just 1, can’t seem to find bed and hotend together as funds are limited . thanks in advance

1 Like

AliExpress.com might be your best bet but it will take two or more weeks to come in.

When you’re shopping there, make sure that you understand shipping fees - you may see something unbelievably cheap and then see that it’s $20.00 for shipping. Personally I always look for “Free Shipping to Canada”.

2 Likes

Hello there!

Sorry for the late reply, I have been on vacation for a week! At 3D Printing Canada there are many different thermistors for as little as ~$5 cad. If you are local to us you can feel free to stop in as well and save on shipping fees.

-Matthew

1 Like

its ok i have one, hope you had a good holiday

1 Like

Great!
My holiday was very nice thank you, if you have any other questions feel free to let me know!

• Matthew

3 posts were split to a new topic: First layer not sticking to bed