I see thingiverse has a snazzy new interface

I just visited Thingiverse for the first time in a few days. I like the way it presents models. Much more eye-catching. On the down side, my browser no longer ignores their ads, so there’s that much more to download.

Sounds like it is time for you to look into setting up a Pi Hole, It’s your own DNS server that runs on a Raspberry Pi and does network wide Ad and tracking filtering. Because there is very little processing power needed you can use a Pi Zero and perhaps the new Pico (not sure about this one)

There are many many tutorials on how to set this up on a raspberry Pi, I have a Synology so I used that as a primary DNS with docker.

4 Likes

The new interface is nice, but I still find that the thingiverse search bar is still awful.
I’ve resorted to using yeggi.com to search thingiverse for files instead of just using the thingiverse search bar :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

LOL I was just typing this exact answer!!

Lego you need a PiHole… Not a “pie for your hole” but a PiHole on a Raspberry Pi4. I have been running on for a few years… don’t even see ads much.