Learning G code, courses etc

So I’ve seen some basic tutorials, a few YouTube courses etc. Does anyone know of a really good course for learning the ins and outs of G code?

I’m not just interested in 3d printers, but cnc machines as well.

1 Like

HI would check Udemy first, they are usually my go to for initial learn on any topic

The Marlin development team lists a few recommendations for resources on their GitHub page, under the Marlin Support heading.

GitHub - MarlinFirmware/Marlin: Marlin is an optimized firmware for RepRap 3D printers based on the Arduino platform. | Many commercial 3D printers come with Marlin installed. Check with your vendor if you need source code for your specific machine.

A quick search on Google provides a lot of relevant hits, like this: g code training online - Google Search

Udemy offers a large number of gcode courses which are often on sale for low prices like $19.99 Cdn.

E.g:
https://www.udemy.com/course/basic-g-code-programming-for-cnc-mills/

I honestly had never heard of udemy before joining here.

I checked them out before heading off to work this morning. Think I’m going to have to try out some courses.

@Benchy its been my go to for years, especially starting into raw programming, or trying a new language, sometimes just get board and stretch the brain a bit

You can usually find a suitable course at a low sale price. Try not to ever pay full price. Sales happen often, though time-limited.

Coursera.org & edX.org are two other favourites of mine.

You may also enjoy Scribd.com, which is a subscription-based service with access to text books, hardbacks, paperbacks, audio books, magazines, etc., for about US$9/mo.