Lightburn not recognizing OMTech K40 Laser, need help

I recently bought an OMTech K40 Laser and I was really excited to get it going. But when I got it and tried to connect my laser on Light burn it found the laser so I tried to frame a new cut and nothing happened. I made sure it was connected to the right thing and tried again. Nothing. I googled it to see if anything was wrong and it said that I needed to use the software it came with to home it and then you can use it so I plugged in the usb and nothing showed up. I used the other usb and I pressed on the icon that showed up and there was nothing inside. If anyone has any idea on what is going on it would help a lot, thanks.

HI @antsriondel

Is there any kind of a control panel on it where you can at least Home it or move the head without requiring a PC?

I generally try to play elimination when it comes to issues like this

• Will it work independently without outside software control?

When you plug the Laser in your PC do you see a new COM port appear in your device manager?
I would assume its similar to most other Serial type devices, You can only have 1 piece of software open at a time that will request serial port access. If you have more than one open, Both will fail to communicate.

Software that would request Serial access is something like Putty, YAT, Cura, Prusaslicer, Arduino, VScode or the like.

I am not sure but double-check to make sure there is not a 220/110-volt power switch on the laser machine. If so ensure it’s on the correct voltage selection. Hope this helps but please let us know how you make out.