Looking for someone in Ontario who can 3D print my models & ship to my Toronto address

Hi all! In case you missed my Member Intro, I’m a children’s book author & illustrator who has been exploring sculpting in VR and desktop 3D apps. I recently had a friend (with a Phrozen Sonic Mighty 4K) offer to print some of my models. I’ve never had anything I made 3d-printed before and I was TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY BY THE POTENTIAL. While I may eventually get my own 3D printer (need to learn sooooo much first), I am hoping to find and pay some 3D printer people who are able to receive my .stl files, print them, ship them to my Toronto address. Or if you live near Yonge & Eglinton, perhaps we could meet up in person…my work schedule tends to be crazybusy, though, so in most cases I would want the models shipped.

I am a 3d printing newbie, so I am also really hoping that this person might be willing to sometimes give me tips on how to improve my models to make them better for 3D printing. For the three models I sent to my friend, only two turned out. The third got detached from the 3D printer support; my friend said it was bad luck but I think it was because I made the base too thin.

I am also not quite sure how to resize the models in my files (I am still learning the 3D modelling apps as well) but would love to get printed models that are max 3 inches tall. You can see the two models my friend printed and a peek into my creation process here: 3D prints of figures I created in Adobe Substance 3D Modeler (beta) - YouTube

If you are interested, please let me know how much you would charge to print a 3" tall model from an .stl file and send it by snailmail. You can let me know here, or via my website contact form (Contact Debbie - Debbie Ridpath Ohi). Thanks so much. :slight_smile:

I don’t have the right printers for this, but I’m sure someone here will step up for you. Your tools for modeling are interesting is this like a VR modeling environment like gravity sketch?

1 Like

In the video, I’m using the beta version of Adobe Substance 3D Modeler, which is a combo of VR and desktop tools. I mainly use the VR tools, haven’t yet played around much with the desktop interface. It’s great in that you can do hard surface stuff via desktop if you want but if you prefer doing organic sculpting in VR, you can just put on your headset and it automatically switches. I also use Gravity Sketch in VR, but I find GS not quite as fun when it comes to organic sculpting.

We offer 3d printing services here at the shop: https://3dprintprototypes.com/

1 Like

Thanks! I just uploaded my STL file and got an error message that my model was too small. Clearly, I need to improve my knowledge of how to prep models for 3d printing!

Perhaps that’s why my model didn’t turn out properly when my friend tried printing it (the model on the far left). I thought it was because the base was too thin, so I thickened/widened the base before uploading that file.

looks more like the supports failed on that one. I don’t have a resin printer so I can’t say what caused it, going to watch some of your videos now!

1 Like

I am available to print your models.