Lowest Priced Resin Printer?

I notice the price of Resin Printers keep coming down. What is the lowest you can get one that works?
Cheers
Willy

Hey Willy, take a look at this link for some very affordable working resin printers!
https://3dprintingcanada.com/collections/3d-printers/3d-printer-category%3AResin-(DLP%2FSLA)

1 Like

Thanks Tony, I’ll take a look.

2 Likes

Lowest… *** Warning ! ***

If you are asking for the “lowest” then I assume you want a “hobby printer”

Short version:
My opinion is to go with of 1 of the 2 Creality models mentioned by Tony but make sure you check the “print volume” is big enough for you and be aware the printing, washing and curing process produces smelly fumes…

Longer version:
Resin printers can print in great detail but the print volume is small.
Check the print volume… For a bit more you can print larger.

With resin printers they are parts that occasionally need to be replaced. Depending on your use and how you handle the printer you may have to replace the LCD screen, tank/vat, etc… Get a printer that parts are easily available.

Also be aware resin printers give off smelly fumes… Some printers have filters that reduce the smelly fumes. After the part is printed it needs some washing and curing. Washing (IPA alcohol) and curing give off smelly fumes.

For hobby printers look at Creality, maybe Elegoo, maybe AnyCubic

My opinion is be aware of the print volume and that in the printing, washing and curing process you may have to deal with smelly fumes (open window? in the garage? get a charcoal base air purifier).

I would lean towards Creality if the printer volume is good for you. Parts and user support are available.

Sorry for being verbose and partially off topic…
I made my own charcoal and HEPA filter combo for printing ASA & ABS filament. It would work for a resin printer that I am thinking about getting. With a detachable 4" flex hose I will be using it for soldering which produces smoke, smells, and particulates.

I do not have a resin printer but a good friend of mine does and he talks about it. The word “smell” comes up often !! We both have 3D filament printers.

2 Likes

I just got a resin printer at work. I too was worried about the smells. Seems i was a little too worried.
Yes they smell more than FDM’s but nothing that is worse than your neighbour who loves his/her cologne.
My office is open concept and I have regularly canvassed on the smell and Have never had a complaint.

1 Like

Anycubic series is the best option if you’re looking for best and low priced resin or dentist 3d printers.

1 Like

Anycubic Photon S
I would like to share a short description about Photon S. If you’re familiar with the ANYCUBIC Photon from 2018, then you’ll enjoy this printer since it’s the upgraded version. One of the issues with the original model was the slight wobble with the Z-axis. This new, upgraded model has doubled up on the linear rails on either side of the lead screw. This means there’s more support as the build volume increases during print. No internet connection is required as printing is completely offline. Connectivity has to be via a USB stick. (Bear this in mind if you’re hoping for a different or additional option.

1 Like

@HobbyMaker3D you should be worried about fumes. Smell isn’t the only hazard and in an office you are very much required to follow SDS. We have a few at work and the resin choice is driven by the SDS sheets. Some resins require Self contained breathing apparatus to be on site. section 8.2 (https://photocentricgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Safety-Data-Sheet-Photopolymer-3D-Printer-DLP-Resin.pdf) It makes that resin very very expensive. An office is not a home the penalties for failure to follow are far more extreme.

Remember with most (all?) resins, uncured resin is a strong pollutant it cannot be dumped down the drain in Canada, and many other countries. It all needs to be collected and sent to hazardous waste or cured. This means all the washing effluent becomes hazardous waste. At least where I am in means it cannot be taken to household hazardous waste but needs to go to industrial waste facilities. My work spends a few 1000 a year sending out waste from the resin printers. We filter the IPAs and the sludge is collected.

Everyone should read the SDS for the materials they use. Then make informed decisions on handling.

Remember that in regard to chemicals what you do not know WILL kill you. SDS are your friend.

3 Likes