Lw Pla problems

Hi Guy´s I´m Eric and a new member on this forum.
I´ve been printing for a couple of years now and starting to print with Lw Pla.
I´am having some problems with the Lw Pla.
When the printer starts a new layer the flow stops for like 1 sec and leaves gaps in my print. I never had this problem with normal Pla…
Does any one know witch setting to adjust in the Cura slicer?
Thanks!!

What speeds are you printing at? Seems that it’s too fast or your retracts are too much. I’d recommend tuning your Linear Advance/Pressure advance.

I run it at 32 mms. I dont think it´s to fast. The initial layer is running at 16 mms and also has this problem. Thanks, I will look at the Linear Advance/Pressure advance.

I also see that my retraction distance is 1.0 mm so maybe that´s to much.

If you have direct drive, that is around the max it normally is. I’d recommend running a retraction tower just to make sure it isn’t too much.

If you have a direct drive you could even try lowering it to 0.5 or something like that, if you have a bowden turn the retractions up to around 5-7mm.

This really doesn’t seem too much like a speed issue to me, what temperatures are you printing at?

Thanks,
Matt

It looks like a nozzle clog. Or it could be the z height adjustment is off and the flow is impeded by the previous . If you change the pla for something else and try the exact same code do you have the same issue?

It could also be that filament needs more temp.

I use a direct drive. I print at 250 degrees because it is the foaming light weight pla. The reaction distance changes did not solve the problem. I turned up the flow rate by 10% and it looks like the problem is almost solved. Thanks for the help!

Maybe double check that your e-steps are set correctly, here is a good guide on how it is done: https://all3dp.com/2/extruder-calibration-calibrate-e-steps/

Matt

Thanks! they where off 6 mm from 100 mm to 94 mm. It looks like that was the problem.

2 Likes

Great!

Glad we got it all figured out.

Happy Printing!