M3201 Micro Swiss NG direct drive extruder

Good rainy Friday evening. This week I purchased the above extruder. I have it installed and after a few false starts (mostly my fault and learning as I went) it is working. I have to mention here that I followed BJ’s video and where our install was similar he did a great job of explaining all the steps. The offsets for X and Y where exactly correct and following the video taught me how to do that. However the extruder installed on the video I think had a 1:1 drive (the extruder steps in the video was 140) and the M3201 has a gear reduction so the extruder steps setting didn’t work. Working through the calibration measurements led me to 466. This seems to work and the benchy printed well. I am seeking verification that my settings are correct or at least close has anyone out there experienced the same issue and what where the settings you used? Any help would be appreciated.
Tom

The NG will have 400 steps/mm for most of the Creality printers. Did you check the Micro Swiss installation manual?

Thanks Tiago I will make those changes and print another Benchy. I have suspected that I was over extruding and this confirms it.
Tom

I am such a dope! Went back and reread the instructions and there the g code was exactly as you said 400 steps/mm. I must learn to be more methodical in my approach instead of just barging ahead. But after all I am only 78 and am still learning.
Tom

1 Like