Mks v1.6 not booting up

Hi there, I have a mks v1.6 controller board on my tevo tarantula. When I turn it on two blue lights on the board flash but the lcd screen is blue with a line through the middle anyone know how to fix this, I just bought the board

What lcd do you have?

1 Like

Ramps riprap discount one

1 Like

Reprap discount…one
…
…lllll

1 Like

I prolly need the lcd adapter

1 Like

Hmmm, could be. Did the screen do anything prior to flashing and booting? Or while plugged into the computer?

I haven’t had it plugged into the computer, I just bought the board. It only flashes the lights and the lcd stays blue until I turn it off

1 Like

I know it’s a bit of a “thing” that happens, but i havent run into it myself so im not sure what to do to fix it, other than the obvious, is it plugged in correctly and defined correctly. If so, perhaps try installing the firmware again to see if it clears the issue.

1 Like

Im suspecting you have it defined correctly, but it never hurts to be double sure.

1 Like

How do I make sure it’s defined?

1 Like

I believe its in configuration.h look up

REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER

Or

REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER

Is your screen “prusa” style or “ender” style?

1 Like

Ender style screen… on it

1 Like

To make sure its defined correctly, you 1 have the right screen you own selected (remove the //) and 2 no other screens are defined

You want

REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER

Also double confirming it isnt touch screen, like tft somewhere on it?

1 Like

Not a touch screen …

1 Like

I have some ender 3 screens will they work?

1 Like

I haven’t tried, but id suspect they should. If its correctly defined then its like you swapping monitors on your computer. Unless you have a fancy screen like from the cr10spro which is touchscreen and takes its own firmware.

K ender 3 screen doesn’t work, what app can I use to edit the screen code?

Ik that it is using marlin I just don’t know how to edit/ flash marlin