Musical Instruments

If you have 3D printed a musical instrument, post it here! Would love to see what you have come up with. Upload a picture or even a video of you playing it!

1 Like

Here’s my 3D printed ukulele – I think it sounds great!
(3D model by Solstie on thingiverse)

4 Likes

That is awesome!!! Lets here you play it!

Having it made from filament, the sound should be very interesting!

Is that violin, at the top, a picture from the internet? If not, do you know where the STL for it is? A violin is something I’ve always wanted to try, but not being musically inclined, I could never justify the expense of one just for the sake of experiencing it.

2 Likes

Here’s a little video of me strumming a few chords on my uke: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

3 Likes

Amazing! Totally different sound than what I was expecting!

that’s just plain cool

Here’s my first attempt at a 17-tine kalimba (also known as a thumb piano). I made this in Tinkercad based on the measurements of a standard Hugh Tracey treble kalimba. Printed in 3DPC’s light blue standard PLA.

Once I get my hands on some more kalimba bits I also have plans to make a couple more styles of body, just to compare how they sound, and to have a little fun with different shapes of sound hole etc. :slight_smile: But in the meantime I’m very happy with how this turned out for a first attempt! Such a soothing sound :musical_note:

I’ve posted a few little videos on my tiktok of the designing, assembly and sound test of this kalimba, if anyone is interested:
https://www.tiktok.com/@emily3dprints
(currently the 4th, 6th and 7th videos on my page)

4 Likes

very nice, saw your video of your music and your cat, very cool

1 Like