New day new problem

So I have replaced the filament sensor. The original one was absolutely producing a lot of drag. Much improved.

I also had filament feed issue, It came out between the extruder gears and filament guide. I replaced the filament guide and ptfe tube since I was in anyway.

I have as of yet seen the return of the failure to feed issue. I have made only 4 pints but that is three better than before. I suspect the guide was deformed and the filament sensor drag were causing the issue.

I will still fit the BL when it arrives, and I orderd a bond tech too, I have sa ticket in with support but chinese new year (hopefully) is slowing them down it has been 9 days now I guess I will be a bit more understanding but one reply in 30 days seems crazily slow.

1 Like

Sounds like heat creep what’s your retraction settings?

Good thought. It turned out the stepper was seizing, the new filament sensor improved the prints (way less friction) and the titan extruder gear was bad and the replacement was also bad, third time was the charm. I ended up replacing the complete extruder I think the bracket was bent causing most of the issues.

It has been nothing but trouble. I re wired almost all of it. Replaced the whole extruder, a stepper, belts, tightened the frame, replaced most of the boards, added a BL, new bed, heater, and lead screw couplings. It ended up costing double the purchase price, more in labor and even more because I needed to pay for the prints I bought it to make. The worst part after all that it makes OK prints and is slow. My Prusa prints far better, and about the same speed with a 0.4 as it does with a 0.6. It is due for replacement with a printer that will come out less costly that it ended up being. The Prusa XL.