New Prusa XL! OMG

Ahhhhh well the innovators innovate more. I am lost for words!

2 Likes

such a nice turnkey solution. this is what they do with CNC machining Centres robots feed the stock and take the finished parts out too.

1 Like

So what accessories or addons do you want to see with the XL.

I really hope it has a satin sheet. Other than that, perhaps a better screen.

I’d want a laser.

Also, a means of mounting more than one print head simultaneously so that you can make multiple simultaneous copies of a model when you don’t need the full build space.

1 Like

Most of my wish list is there. I guess I’d like it to be fast. I hope it is quick but still good.

I’m hoping that you can have another print head take over after the first runs out of filament. Right now the most tedious thing I deal with is doing the math to make sure I’ve enough filament left for the next part of my project, and it would be grand to just have two spools hooked up and let the printer worry about all that…

I’m also really, really excited about the new nozzle. I’ve been stuggling with my micro swiss hotend for a couple weeks now - it feels like every time I get one part seated properly, another part comes loose. I’ve had seepage and jams at every joint in the hotend and right now I seem to have something stuck where the heat break enters the cooling block. That “single metal tube all the way through” on the XL is looking just so perfect at this stage.

Hi all … well I bit the bullet and put a deposit down :slight_smile: … can I ask of you that ordered one … did you order pre-assembled or partial assembled?

Take Care

Brian
1 Like

Hey Brian, yes I also pre ordered an XL I have saved enough now for it and am debating a second head. We shall see on that. I opted for partially assembled. I assembled my Prusa Mk3 and did the upgrades to a MK3s+ all very easy. I also have for work had a fully assembled unit (CE code thing) It was perfect out of the box. The first print took all of 5 mins to get going.

If you are uneasy about assembling one you should take a look at the instructions for the MK3s+

They also have very good tech support.

1 Like

Hi kitedemon … yes I ordered the 2 head model … I do have a mechanical background … I just wasn’t sure how technical it was for assembly.

When I emailed them about delivery they said they were ramping up production so an earlier delivery date might happen :slight_smile:

I’m really looking forward to delivery.

Brian
2 Likes

Hmmm, I didn’t see any mention of ramping up in Josef’s XL Dev Diary? https://blog.prusaprinters.org/original-prusa-xl-dev-diary-1-faq_65575/

I ordered the partial assembly and if they offer this in kit form, I would get that instead. I bought my MK3S in kit form and loved every minute of building it. 2022 Q3 is the earliest for shipping but I think the queue is long so I’m optimistically hoping for Q4.

1 Like

Hello … this is the response I got when I enquired about a shipping date

"Thank you for your message and for your interest on our XL! Sadly, no accurate info on this yet, our goal is to start shipping the preorders made in 2021 in Q3 2022, however, due to the ongoing shortage of components and materials, we cannot promise we’ll ship all preorders this year. Either way, we’ve already started expanding our production capacities to cover the demand. For pre-orders made now, we’d currently estimate Q4 2022 or during 2023, but this might change.

Let me know how everything goes, I remain available any time in case of need.

Kind regards,

Alessandro Pantaleo
Customer Support"

Looks like I might see mine some time next year:( … hope it’s sooner

Take Care

1 Like

I opted for the 2 head kit. I like feeling confident taking apart what ive built. Id be suprised if we get it by christmas, but id expect it to be worth the wait. If im not mistakken theyve had to redesign the mother board a few times due to chip shortage issues. Im intreperting this as their bottleneck, being able to stockpile a good portion of their pre-orders in parts prior to starting shipping.

I suspect there will be additional delays they are close to the Ukraine and well that is such a mess its hard to comprehend what that will do. I understand they are starting a line to build boards, I hope that accelerates the timeline and doesn’t slow it down. We shall see I guess, I’d rather it be right rather rushed personally.

1 Like