New to 3D Printing in the UK

Hey everyone, I’ve been on a look out for a forum to help me get the hang of this 3D printing thing as its a far stretch from my usual methods of fabrication. I’ve spent years tinkering, mostly from a computer/modding stand point and typically look towards wood or metal when coming up new new creations and have had my eye on a 3D printer for a long time.

I’ve finally took the plunge and picked up a Ender 3 S1 Pro (and although I haven’t fitted it yet, a Sonic Pad in recent prime day) and initially my first few projects are going to be some fan adapters to allow a NAS which used 92mm fans to move to 120mm and I’d like to be able to print my own extractor attachments for dust extraction in power tools.

I’m been slowly learning Fusion 360 as my design tool of choice for around 6-12 months and have no real work experience in Slicer software other than installing and poking around in Cura. I’m keen to get stuck in and pickup some new skills so I’ll see you all amongst the posts :slight_smile:

Dave

You didn’t say what slicer but if you are using Cura then the stock settings included for your printer are pretty good and are a good starting point. Prusa slicer may be the same.

Since Fusion 360 has started to cut back on free user features maybe you could switch. Solidedge is a good choice, professional CAD with no restrictions, not cloud based, lifetime license and completely free to hobbyists.

The printing side of things comes down to a “jump into the deep end” attitude. You will only learn by doing and you WILL make mistakes and have some problems. There is a learning curve but it isn’t bad. We have all been there.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, glad you found us here.

Hope to see some of the things your printing and adventures you have.