Nozzle drag near end of print

Hey folks! Sorry I never got back to the thread. I completely forgot and for some reason, notifications on the thread were going to my spam folder until today. I really should switch out of my old yahoo mail account.

I did end up finding a solution. Finally found just the right person at Creality Support and it was such a small and simple thing that I kicked myself for not thinking of it. It’s reset of the Z steps.

Literally, this is it:

M92 Z400
M500

1 Like

awsome, glad you got it straightened out. Odd that the cubes were accurate with the esteps being off?

Curious.

I am having the same issue on my new CR10 printer. I cant seem to figure out what is causing the issue. Could you elaborate how you solved the issue on your printer? I would happily try anything that will cause my prints to stop failing.

That struck me as odd too - I can’t really say I understand WHY it worked, just that it did.

I didn’t solve it myself. Creality Support sent me a Gcode file with the following code in it:

M92 Z400
M500

It resets the esteps for the Z axis. All I had to do with it was load the gcode on an SD card, put it in the printer, and ‘print’ the file. It doesn’t actually print anything, just runs those two lines of code. The printer has been working almost perfectly since.

Was there a test you did to see if that was the solution to the problem? I am wondering if that gcode would help my issue. I have a Cr10 V3, but I would think that is similar to the CR-10 Pro.

I had several of my regular prints I’d been testing, so I just ran this code and then ran a new slice of a print I’d successfully printed before the issue.

I am kind of a newb with editing firmware or creating gcodes. Did they refer you to a guide on how to create one? I would happily test this solution as my printer is mostly a paper weight at this point without getting it to print anything taller than 20mm tall.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I missed this post somewhere along the line.

This one is pretty easy:

Open Notepad and paste in the following text:

M92 Z400
M500

Save as z400.gcode

Copy the file to your SD card, insert in printer, and ‘print’ that file. Nothing actually prints but it does run the code against your printer.

Let me know how it goes.