Nozzle size selection

Odd I have no issue really did you select pad around object? I set the printer before bringing in stl I am not sure it makes a difference but…

I thin k my problem was that I was trying to add the supports in manually before supports were generated automatically. it seems if I already have supports from the system then I can change them with the manual controls. I’ll play with it again later and try getting it to work. thanks!

1 Like

So since I started using Prusa I’ve noticed more … defect in my prints. Printer isn’t tuned perfectly but between the photos below the white boat is PETG in cura the nice yellow one is PLA in Cura and the stingy one with the bulge in the hull is in Prusaslicer with the same settings as the Cura one. Prusa printed first then cura right afterward.

1 Like

Weird. You know I like the kiss method. If prusa slicer isn’t working for you and cura is you have to ask yourself if the features you like in prusa are worth the effort of tuning.

Cura might be the simple choice. The yellow benchy looks great.

I just wonder what’s causing the difference. I’ll compare the gcode tomorrow. their must be something cura does that prusa doesn’t. i’d really like prusa to work

It might be worth re slicing. On occasion they have a glitch and make a hash of it. It happens sometimes. Software issue. It is an easy test.

That’s actually a big reason I keep both slicers on my PC. Sometimes one of them will generate artifacts in prints, produces silly tool paths or just does something weird. I’ve been trying to migrate to one or the other, but it just doesn’t work out, I need both on the PC.

When it works right, Prusa Slicer is great. But for consistency Cura is my go to, and with the new 4.9 it’s been even more reliable for me.

1 Like

I find the opposite. Cura on my current computer is unstable, and slower by quite a noticeable amount. Likely the platform, I am on the new apple Arm processor. Prusa is native and Cura is emulated. Prusa has always been more Mac friendly.

1 Like