I bought my Ender 3V2 about 6 months ago and I think I have a problem. When I first joined this forum I was told to expect to use up a role of filament learning how to get things done right. So I started out printing mod parts figuring nothing lost if they don’t come out right. For the most part they printed very nicely and that’s when things went wrong. I think I’m addicted to modding my printer.
Before I even received my printer I had ordered a upgrade kit, a Creality all metal extruder, heavy duty bed springs and Capricaorn tubing. I had these before the printer arrived so I just substituted them for the stock parts. After that I replaced the stock 40mm PW and MB fans for 92mm Noctua fans, with new cover plates printed out to match. After that I printed the following parts:
Ball bearing filament holder
Filament guide –bottom, altered to hold a filament run out sensor
Drag chains for the wiring
Foot risers (necessary because of the new cover plates on the PW and MB)
A new display holder that makes it easier to see the screen when sitting down
Filler strips that go into the extrusion slots
Hole cover plates for the belt adjusters
A tray insert for the drawer which holds tips and tools
A tool holder that clamps onto the table
A case that holds a micro Sd card reader extension
I also added a CR Touch and a dual Z axis drive, both great upgrades. My latest one is a pair of supports that go from the top of the Z axis posts back to the rear of the y axis supports. I don’t know if they will improve the quality of my prints but they do make the printer much more ridged. I even printed out some fake acorn nut covers that fit over the nuts on the rods. There isn’t much more I can do. Linear rails I suppose but I have watched several videos on these and it seems that the difference between them and the wheel drives is negligible. I haven’t worried about the hotend upgrade yet since I’m only printing PLA for now. Maybe in the future. And that’s about it.
The second and third pics show the support rods, they are not straight, to form a triangle for the best rigidity but I couldn’t fit them in without a short length going out the back. I drew the mounts up in my CAD and printed them out. So far so good.
Is there a 12 step program for this. The monkey is getting heavy!
Very, Very heavy!!!