PETG printing temp

I’m getting ready to print a bunch of parts in PETG and this being my first time printing with it, I need to determine the best possible printing temp for my setup. (mostly stock Ender 3 Pro with a Micro Swiss hotend)

So here is my temp tower starting at 245 at the bottom and ending at 200 at the top. To me it looks like I should be anywhere from 230-240

1 Like

Your 235 or 240 looks good to me, the 240 seems slightly better to me from the picture.

As a reference, for PETG I usually run my stock Ender 3 at 240c hot end and 80c bed.

1 Like

That is what I was thinking, trying 235 hot and 75 bed. We will see how it goes

1 Like

I have an E3D with all metal hotend and I run at 250C - nice glossy shine.

One other recommendation if you are not already doing it - get a ‘pro’ style silicon sock, where only the very tip of the nozzle sticks out - it will reduce blobs and drags dramatically when printing PETG.

1 Like

If my PETG prints seam to be brittle and break easily, could this be because I’m not printing hot enough to get good layer adhesion?

This part broke along the layer line and required VERY little effort, it fact it started to crack while removing it from the built plate.

1 Like

With my brittle PETG prints it’s usually heat or speed.

Heat generally helps layer adhesion overall, but I’ve found speed makes a bigger difference to me with PETG. If I slow it down a bit more than my PLA settings layers seem to adhere better.

1 Like

@TurkeyOnRye thanks for the tip, I’m trying again with a temp increase of 10 deg hotter. currently I’m printing at 50 mm/s. If this doesn’t work I’ll try slowing things down

1 Like

Your speed is right about where I print PETG at, good luck with a temp boost.

Are you running the part coming fan? I have mine turned down quite a bit for PETG.

Yes I am, it is stet at 50%