PETG, that elusive material : uses?

@gondolin that is almost the same as mine. I originally made mine three fully enclosed sides and magnetic panels along the front. I have found in my case I need to tilt the top of one of my three doors or it gets too warm. The RH is quite low much like yours. I have been printing nylon too so closing all the doors is very useful.

I saw someone using wheewhacker wire to print with. :laughing: He did not dry is filament so had some problems with bubles in his print because of to much moisture in filament. He also had to fiddle around with temp settings for proper layering and adhesion.

LOL, that’s one of the ways I started printed was using Weed wacker line!!

It’s a flexi Nylon. Makes neat Prints!

I’d Buy the Big rolls of Green or Blue, what ever was on sale.

One was 1.6mm and other one was 1.8mm

Yes, need to use Food dehydrator, or Toaster oven to dry for 3-4 hours @ 60C

1 Like

Does the fact that the nylon is 1.6 or 1.8 mm have an impact on my printer as Pla is 1.7? Would I have to change settings on my printer. Not that I want to do so. Just curious?

the 1.8mm is “Close enough” to 1.75

The 1.6 you need to over extrude like 7-10%

Well, so far, my experience with PETG has been underwhelming.

Enven after setting the slicer with the temp range for nozzle and bed, the results have been fail, or pass 50/50. I have had no problems with PLA. So I took off the roll of filament and am using it to prop up my filament dryer inside my printer enclosure.

Maybe I will give it another try at a later date as I develop my 3D printing knowledge. I am sure glad I did not pay for it. It came with the printer.

PETG is simply a better choice for everyday printing in my experience. All print nicely (for me) at 240/75. Some may benefit from a little more nozzle heat but on my Ender 3 pro and Ender 5 pro, it’s my go to material.

I use Creality glass build plates without enclosures. Retraction tuning is important.

I do recommend full fan and perhaps upgraded part cooling for bridging. Support interface not exceeding 33% unless you want to wrestle with removing it.

1 Like

Peel your bed temp back to 70-75. Use glue stick. Works like a charm. I print PETG at ~ 245