PLA working temperature

I am printing using PLA filament at 240. Is this the optim printing temperature for PLA?

It Depends on which machine your using on my ender3 v3 ke i run at 220 and bed at 65 or 70. But on my ender 3 pro i run it around 200 bed at 60. Best Bet Would be to do a temp tower and that will tell you the best temp for your filament. hope this helps you

I use K1 Max

Some filaments run at specific temps IE: lower OR higher then others. It should say on the box or spool. If it is nothing special then 200 to 210 is a good starting space. If you printer is a high speed one then higher speeds might be required. There should be some documentation with the printer or online that will suggest the best temps.

I never print PLA at over 230 on the K1 max, most of the time it is printing at 220

My standard is 220 on the first layer and then 210 for the rest unless it is a “special” filament

I am printing fine at 230. Next print job I will drop it to 220

Don’t forget that on any two printers, the same brand or not, the temperature shown may vary 5 to 10 deg’s. Thermo-resister quality varies. The filament print temp. varies. 230 on your printer might be 220 on mine or 210 on mine might be 200 on someone else’s. Your filament may require a different temp then the one I use. You need to do a little experimenting and see what works best for your printer and specifically the filament your using. Try printing a temp tower, that will get you most of the way there.