Print aborts before 50%

My CR10S Pro v2 is aborting every print automatically at or before 50%. I’ve tried brand new SD cards but the result is the same. The G-Code looks okay at first glance, and it happens with old g-code as well as newly sliced items.

It prints along fine and then suddenly shows print finished, without actually finishing and after hitting finish print on the touch screen it says Print Aborted.

Just a shot in the dark here, but does it print for about the same time period every time before stopping? If so, maybe something (like stepper motor driver, motherboard etc.,) is over heating triggering a shutdown.
I once had a tiny crack in a motherboard and it would work fine until it got hot and then because of expansion due to heat, the crack would widen enough to cause the computer to reset.

If multiple files all stop at close to the same it sounds like a printer issue somewhere. I also had a bad break out board and would disconnect at or near a particular point.

I agree with both of the above options and I would like to throw in another. If you have a plugin for cura lets say a “pause for colour change” enabled the firmware may not know what to do with that command and maybe forcing an exit out of it.

Does the previous layer complete fully and then “finish” or does it stop part way throught he infill for example and exit?

the next part to that question is if you print something and it fails, If you do nothing else except clean the bed and hit print again on the same gcode does it exit at the exactl same place or does it go longer or shorter on the second time around?

This was it - small damage in the extension cable I used for the filament runout sensor. I have to either get or make a new one, but for now, disabling the sensor and unplugging the cable has it finishing the prints now.

Unfortunately, at the moment, I have the nozzle gouging the print just near the center of the build plate in the top levels, regardless of the height of the print. So I have that to figure out.

Step by step, I’m sure I’ll get there - but the Cr10s Pro v2 has been a constant headache since I got it.

very nice, going to flag @Filek response as a solution. glad you got it up and running.

Thanks for letting us know and I am impressed that you figured it out - an intermittent faulty cable is not an easy thing to find! Something that I will remember to look for next time I run into a problem like this!