Printer loses alignment after a few layers

Hi, I’m looking for a workaround if not a fix or at least info on whether i got a dud. The issue as per the title is that I level (align? -whatever) the printer and the first few layers are printed ok, but then the side where the Z axis screw is not located starts to lose height. I then have to manually lower the bed on just that side both front and back. The problem starts happening gradually but gets to a point that i have to adjust a few mms! What’s worse is that if I want to start a second print I need to reset the alignment altogether. Is the only way to fix this is to get a second z axis screw kit!? or there’s something i could just need to tighten? I have mobility problems and would prefer just to tighten a few screws and not assemble/tighten the whole thing. So if you could please point me to the most likely “fix” even if temporary (i.e. having to re adjust every few prints). Thanks!

I think we may have a duplicate thread going on, I did post a couple of links to the videos in that one for your ref.

essentially there is a rework that you can go through for the X-gantry to keep the level much more accurate. If you lift up and down on the right side of the gantry you will see if the bolts on the left side are loose. They generally are for this style of printer.

Please let us know if you need any other assistance.

1 Like

Thank you, yes I’m sorry I should have just referenced the other post. I did it twice because I thought it might apply to another model of printer as well. Sorry for the duplicate. :pray:

1 Like