Printer making noise

Hello

I’d like to purchase a used 3D printer. Which is nice, but according to my findings, this Ender 3 V2 has very much noise. However, this machine makes a distressing noise. I am not sure. Could this be the fan? Can this noise be reduced?

Generally Ender 3V2 are very quiet, compared to the earlier printers without the silent stepper drivers. They do have some fan noise but it isn’t that loud.

It could be a bad fan, they don’t have the best bearings and do tend to fail eventually and become noisy. They are easily replaced in kind or with better ones. I replaced the MB and PW fans with 92MM Noctua silent fans (printed new case covers also) and the already low noise level dropped considerably.

Without more info on the type of noise it is hard to pinpoint what it is. If the wheels are failing or are not adjusted right they can squeak very loudly. Possibly a bad stepper motor could make noise but they don’t go bad very often. Power supplies can make noises if they are going bad but that is also a rare thing. Not much else that would make noise.