Printer still not working

My Ender 6 paperweight has not been working at all for four weeks now. I have reached out to 3d Printing technical support and after some initial communication, things have dried up.

We ran through some diagnostic tests including video and came to a conclusion that the X stepper motor was N/S. We went through the exercise of swapping around the X and Y cables under the printer just to verify which one. And so I received a new motor (thank you) two weeks later. Before I replaced the motor I thought I would test things out and -that’s when I was surprised that there is more to it than meets the eye. As you can see in this YouTube https://youtu.be/VrGXo5giGlM the behaviour is more insidious. The new motor moves on the first press of the X/Y buttons but then does not move at all. I did respond back immediately, but haven’t heard anything since so I suspect it has fallen through the cracks.

Unfortunately, I will be leaving the country in 10 days for two weeks and when I get back on November 1, I need to start making use of the printer (as a printer, not an ornament) and I’m not sure what might be the malfunction.

Any thoughts ?

That is odd. I have had steppers go bad but never like that. You might check all the wiring from the stepper to board. If could be a short.

Yeah. bizarro world for sure. What makes it interesting is that the behaviour is exactly the same every time. As part of the troubleshooting exercise, I was asked by support to reverse the wires at the motherboard to see if the motion went in the opposite diagonal way - it did. That’s when I got the new motor. It was after that I noticed that the x motor actually moved on the first press of the X/Y move buttons but never again.