Prints not centered on Bed Cura/Ender 3

I have had this problem since I bought my Ender 3 a couple Years ago. I cant seem to get my prints to
Print in the middle of the bed. They are always “off centre” printing slightly to the front to the bed. This effectively makes my bed smaller.

I’m currently using cura 3.6 (Although the issue existed in earlier versions)

I have and Ender 3 with the latest firmware.

I have my bed set to 235mm x 235mm x 250mm
In cura

I don’t have “origin at center” checked in cura settings, I feel Like I have tried switching this in the past.

I’m open to any and all suggestions, I haven’t tried to “fix” this in a long time, so I’m willing to consider all suggestions.

I’m Really excited about these forums.

Thanks in advance.

Interesting you should mention this. I realised this week that I have essentially the same problem. It hasn’t really bothered me, so I’ve never looked into doing anything about it. I also discovered that changing the build plate dimensions in Cura seems to cause the “center” of the build plate to move accordingly, but there must be a firmware “size” as well since the project I was working on got clipped at the edge of the old build plate. So I’m wondering: did you change the Cura build plate dimensions at any time?

Also, “origin at center” is a setting for people with Delta printers.

The Ender 3 firmware is set to 220 x 220 and your telling the slicer 235 x 235.
The bed is physically 235 x 235 but they downsize to avoid the clips.

Set the slicer to 220 x 220… (easy)
Or change the bed to one that does not use clips and make changes to your firmware… (challenging)

1 Like

I centered mine using the M206 commend.