Prusa Slicer Settings - Ender 3 NEO Pro

Hey Jason,

Joined the group as you recommended. Also giving Prusa a try after years of happily using Simplify3D. Any chance I could get an optimized printer settings profile from you?

HI @Warangel

Welcome to the forum, Glad you decided to join us. Below you will find the settings I use for the NEO.

For print settings I would use “normal” or “detail”

The important settings you are looking for are as follows

The bed size will be set to 220x220x250
retractions adjust them to 3.5mm because its Bowden setup

your start Gcode should look like this
G90 ; use absolute coordinates
M83 ; extruder relative mode
M104 S[first_layer_temperature] ; set extruder temp
M140 S[first_layer_bed_temperature] ; set bed temp
M190 S[first_layer_bed_temperature] ; wait for bed temp
M109 S[first_layer_temperature] ; wait for extruder temp
G28 ; home all
G29 ; probe the bed before each print
G1 Z2 F240
G1 X2 Y10 F3000
G1 Z0.28 F240
G92 E0.0
G1 Y190 E15.0 F1500.0 ; intro line
G1 X2.3 F5000
G1 Y10 E30 F1200.0 ; intro line
G92 E0.0

Hope this helps
If you need anything else let us know.

1 Like

Assuming you are referring to Retraction Length to 3.5 mm. Always interesting to see the different terms used by different slicers.

Are there any other optimizations you would do here? Speed changes or other settings? Or is the default pretty good?

The defaults will always get you going without issue.

I always recommend if you are going to change parameters only change one at a time and see what the change actually does. In knowing its a time-consuming process but you do understand better what each parameter does.

If you want to get familiar with your printer and tune it well for max speed and reliability, check out Michaels’s Github page and work through it. It will take a night maybe 2 to work through it 100%, but it is an awesome learning exercise.

You can locate it here, He has a video on each tab to explain what you are doing in each section and how to interpret the results.

https://teachingtechyt.github.io/calibration.html

EDIT: Oh. I’m very familiar with his Michael’s pages. It’s how I dialed in things with Simplify3D. Makes sense the process is the same for Prusa, was just hoping you had a guide or preset you preferred.

Time for YouTube!

hey @Warangel

Everyone is going to be a little different, General Specs I will give out day, Problem is what I consider to be perfect settings are dependent on so many things, Usually printer dependant, and personal pref.

It’s unfortunate to say I have been yelled at on more than one occasion because I have given settings out that did not work, and I know the problem was the user but not going down that road.