Recommendation - MultiColor 3d Printer (Begginner)

Hey Guys, hope you are doing well.
as a beginner in the 3d printing world, i wanted to consult with you regarding which printer i should buy.
I’ve done some research and seen many models out there.

My main concerns regarding which printer to buy were:
1.Precision of the 3d model.
2.Printing Multicolor 4+
3.Top Layer quality of the print.
4. can print big models

So the best printer i found to match my requirements was the: Bambulab X1C, since it can prints multi color.
i also noticed that there’s something called Pallet 3 pro, but i didn’t like the quality that was printed with this tool.
So I’m here to ask you if you can recommend a printer that fits my requirements? my budget is up to 1,500$ for the printer.
The main purpose of the printer is to print colorful 3d action figure models, that’s why i need the precision.
Also printing big models like masks or big Pokémon dolls and try to retail them after in my local shop.
I Would really appreciate your help and advice!

Best way to get multi colour prints, paint.

1 Like

The X1C combo is over your price point. It is 1869. more that you planned.

I would suggest the P1S also from bambu. It is $1219 for the combo. I have not used an X1 but most suggest the lidar not really worth the extra, a lower resolution camera has zero impact on print quality.

Likely the biggest practicle difference is the screen. There is a new replacement after market screen coming soon. (Panda Touch) they claim around $100. Honestly I don’t use the screen on the printer much I use the web ui.

It is a very easy printer and ‘just works’ out of the box. This is especially true if you start with their filament. I would recommend this until you get more experience. Most of my annoyance with mine is filament not made by Bambu. It will use it but is fiddly.

The biggest downside it is very wasteful printing multi colour. The other issue is the licence and agreements when you use the cloud. Maybe that is an issue or not depending on who you are.