Resin printers Celebrate

I buy my resin usually from 3DPC, but came across a new version, water washable.
First print, of something I have had success with, came out exactly the same.
But no need for chemicals to wash it with. Mind you its not just flush the water down the sink but still better than adding more chemicals to the transfer station and environment.

I just ordered my first resin printer and some water washable resin to try out. I want to see how it compares to the normal stuff!

I bought two from creality and both came with cracked screen. so i am super pissed with them.

1 Like

Noob question, but can you use water washable resin in any resin printer? Also what do you do with the water afterwards since it can’t go down a sink?

As far as I know, yes you can use it in any printer. The water can go down the sink, the excess resin cannot, let it settle overnight and turn your UV curing light onto it, it will harden and in the trash it goes.

2 Likes

My first print with the water washable resin went really well, the stuff I was using was also low odor. This is so much cheaper than buy IPA, I have no complaints!

Has anyone tried the soybean based resin? Or the anycubic plant based resin? I might try those next.

1 Like

Just tried a larger print in a white water washable resin.

I think it’s a bit gummier than standard resin before curing, but the stuff still works really well! :grinning:

2 Likes

With the picture, you have just solved a dilemma for me. Was looking for cheap, large container to land build plate and print into, did not think of tin foil roasting pan. Kudos!

1 Like