Sidewinder X1, heat bed problems

Some have had same problems, my x1 was working very well until last week. it looks that my bed stop to heat on same side. Like a strip who stop to heat

HI Schev

If a portion of the bed has stopped heating this is generally a sign that the bed needs to be replaced.

Its due to the fact that there are many wires running through the pad that provides heat. These beds are available as a replaceable unit. I will provide the link below.

we are unfortunately out of stock right now but they are on order.

Jason

My problem wasn’t bed has stopped heating. It was the hight deformation of the hot bed.

Just a little tip if you have a leveling problem.
I brought my heating plate up to standard with a build level. And so I noticed that my hotplate was 1mm equal at the 4 corners and in the center. I bought a build pack of Overture and now adjusting my level is really easy.

1 Like

I had the same problem, I temporarily fixed it by replacing the heat pad, but the middle is still hotter than the edges. This is because the glass bed is either slightly warped from factory (mine is pretty bad) as well as glass not spreading the heat properly. You can either buy an alumimum bed that’ll be flatter and better heat spread, or you can run slightly hotter to compensate the areas and use babystepping or mesh leveling to have the hot end be a bit closer to those areas to ensure a better stick. OR just print in the center becasue thats always the hottest.

1 Like

Mine was also really badly warped. The second as well was warped. I put it in and heated it as high as it goes for an hour with no tension (no springs and just sitting) that helped a bit. The bed has never been even the edges are quite different. I ended with measuring the difference and set the median.

180 on the edge 220 in the middle I set 240 and would get 205 edge and 250 middle and I tried to avoid the sides and centre. I eventually blew the main board. I have not bothered to fix that. Mine has been a bear, I have replaced most of the printer. Just about everything but the skirt.

1 Like