SLA Printer - How to properly clean resin prints

This video includes some tips and tricks that even some veterans might not know.

1 Like

looks good, you put out great videos, keep up the good work.

1 Like

Thank you, it’s appreciated.

I was wondering after you wash a resin print do you need to rinse it before you cure it or can you go straight to curing? Does it help to rinse the print in anyway? Or do you generally just rinse the print if what you use to wash your prints leaves residue like denatured alcohol or something like it? If you do rinse a print what do you generally rinse with, the standard IPA or something else?

1 Like

Most of the residue from the isopropyl alcohol comes from not letting the denatured alcohol fully dry off before putting it in the curing station. You can use a blow dryer or dedicated food dryer (don’t use if for anything else afterwards) to dry it off faster. Before putting the prints inside of the curing station I would also recommend doing another inspection to ensure that there’s no more left over resin. I personally give my prints a final rinse just to be safe but in most production settings, so long as you regularily replace the cleaning solution this is less of an issue overall.