Strange layer gaps when slicing

Hi guys,
I paid someone to make a 3d model of a monkey for me on blender. Every part turned out fine except for the head. When I slice it at the final size (3000%) it has all these strange layer gaps when I slice it. I printed it and it ruined the print. I have included a support blocker so that these gaps are visible in the slicer.

The only thing that I noticed was different was that in prepare there was the following strange pattern on the teeth, but I cannot find a solid answer online as to what it means

The most confusing part for me is that I printed a prototype at 2000% and it sliced and printed just fine.

What could this mean? Thanks in advance to anyone who could help me.

1 Like

if it were me I would try to modify your layer height, see if that changes the gaps, or try a different slicing software.

Try the layer view and scroll down to the teeth, there should be a colour map in the top left corner that will at least tell you what the colour purple means. I am suspecting inverted faces, if that is the case cura will not know how to deal with it.

Does it report a manifold error to you when you load it?

It does include this error

I just tried lowering the layer height and it makes the lines go away immediately! Thank you so much! Even at 0.119 instead of 0.12. Can I print at 0.1 or 0.11 with my standard 0.4mm nozzle?

yes that makes sense, The object has errors and the gaps are the missing areas that cura cannot handle.

It’s a little cheat to play with the layer heights, You may want to reach out to the person who did your model though, Just has to polish up the faces around the teeth.

well, I’m officially an idiot. It didn’t fix the issue, I just forgot to change the scale back to 3000%

I tried prusaslicer with the same outcome.

Try using a program like Mesh Mixer or equivalent to see if that will fix it. Cura has a plugin called Mesh Tools that has some of these features and may work.

1 Like

I contacted the seller and they have agreed to fix it! I’ll just wait and see.

1 Like

I am pretty sure if you show him the same screenshot you just showed us your guy will be able to clean it up a bit.