Tech assistance

I am trying to use Pronterface. I have downloaded it and I have a UBS cable connected from my computer to my printer.

The printer is on but for some reason, Pronterface says it is not connecting.

I am trying to relevel my bed that has a BLtouch installed. I want to create a new mesh for the printer.

When I try and print the nozzle is too close to the bed in half and then too far on the other half. I am not quite sure how to fix this issue. I am using a direct drive with an all-metal hot end.

1 Like

pronterface is looking for a USB port to connect. you may need to have a marlin driver installed on your PC for the software to find the printer. i’m not in the show so I can’t tell you what it looks like but I feel this might be why it’s not working for you and you might be able to find it

1 Like

If you have a mac computer you may not be able to get a driver that works. Some you can some you can not.

1 Like

I am not running it on a Mac

1 Like

my printer is so off and i am trying to reconfigure it. I hve autolevelled it but its not right and then when i go to print the nozzel is WAY to low and when i try and fix it it just keeps reverting back.

1 Like

ahh, well let’s not bother with Pronterface until the thing is working. Was this working before and now it isn’t or were you having leveling issues before then insalled BL touch to solve it? what kind of printer is it?

2 Likes

Ender3 v2. I had to take the extruded and hot end apart cause the filament got twisted and I found it was loose. And now it won’t level and I don’t know why or how to adjust the nozzle now

1 Like

The Bl touch isn’t a magic bullet. It is an aid not a complete eco system. The bed needs to be basically level (trammed) before you start. The z height is off the easiert way to start correcting this is manually lower the bed and then auot home and shut off the prinetr and manually tram the bed. Then power it back up and run the auto ‘level’ and re set the z height using baby steps in the firmware.

The auto level will cope with the thermal expansion.

1 Like

is there a way to remove the BLtouch so that I am able to manually level the bed?

Just don’t use it. do an auto home and then turn it off you can then move the bed and axis be hand.

sounds like if the Nozzle is diving into the bed the Z offset is too low. Can you let us know what the current Z-offset setting is?

These are the settings when I auto home

1 Like

so your current Zoffset is -3mm. Most of my machines are sitting somewhere about -1.5mm.

What I would do I change the Z offset to 0.00 and save the settings, Home it and at this point you should not be smashing into the bed anymore. Then you can creep up on the actual setting that will allow you to print.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone!!! I am gonna run a test cube and see if this works

Still a very novice to 3d printing. I get frustrated when 4 prints work and the 5 one fails

1 Like

all is good, gonna happen alot, Trust me. Its not a perfect art, but it is an art

1 Like

First layer is the key for the most part. If you have a decent metal ruler it might be worth checking the bed by holding the ruler on its edge and seeing if it is in contact with the bed. move it around and check edges and corner to corner. Nothing more frustrating that trying to get a bed correct when it is warped.

1 Like