Total new to 3D printing

Hello everyone
I recently bought a used Wzmaker P1 3d printer and the guy I bought this from said he doesn’t know what is wrong with it. For the price I got it for, I was willing to risk it.
I am very new to 3d printers. I have never owned one before, new…
Well… I am here to see if anyone knows anything about this thing or am I stuck with a brick.

Looks like a decent enough entry level bed slinger printer. None available on Amazon so it may be out of production and parts availability might be a problem??? Dosen’t mean that it can’t be fixed with aftermarket parts.

You need to give a description of what is wrong with it, Won’t start, won’t print ETC.

Yeah, it is no longer supported. the website now just sells laser engraving machines now.
When I first got it, in the “self setup” part, it went to test the Y axis and I find out it was the stop switch. So I put a new one on. Now it says “homing failed” after doing the Y test.

If I do not do the setup, I get a heating error after a short time after it is turned on. The nozzle part just stays at a -15 degree C, then gives that heating error.

40$ total for this thing… I maybe spinning my gears for nothing and just trash this thing? take a 40$ loss?

The heating issue sounds like a bad thermistor to me, replace that and that error should go away.

Here are all of our thermistors, take a look and see if any of them look like the right one!

Im guessing it will probably be one like this but if you pull it out and send me a picture I can let you know for sure.

That’s a good start assuming he can find one with the right connector. If all else fails you can use the good parts AKA everything else except the mother board and maybe the display to build a new machine.

I been trying to get the heating housing apart…
This is starting to sound pricey lol
I may be going over my league with this 3d printing thing, and look into an inexpensive, new one.
But I do like to tinker so ill keep the links and idea of a new mobo.

thank you all! Now I need to decide if I want filament or resin. in a fantasy, I thought of fixing this one and getting a resin and have both for under my budget lol

That is a last resort choice, check the thermistor and a few other things first.

I managed to get this thing apart lol. Here are the insides if this is helpful any… I am gonna try a new thermister.

A new board will be a bit of a pain, I looked at a teardown and it uses a ribbon cable for the hotend, and some sort of strain gauge for the bed levelling. So best to get what you have working. Thermistor and endstop should be easy to solve.