Tpu under extruded

Any ideas on my tpu print on my mpsmv2? Printed at 70mm/s with sainsmart tpu some under extruding has been noticed someone help!

Did you do the 100mm steps? Mine was 119 for TPU vs 100ish for PLA.

1 Like

If your slicer has an extrusion multiplier it is fairly easy to calculate. My callipers are not great ones so I just add 0.05 and print again and adjust from there.

Not very precise but efficient unless you have good callipers, mine are Can tire ones ok I guess. My jeweller friends cringe at them.

Prusaslicer instructions.

Cura

1 Like

You can’t trust any caliper at .05mm If you QC a part with a caliper and are .05 out then you have to break out the mic’s because the machinist will cringe too heh. The cheapo are ok until you drop them I’m sticking a bunch of them on my lathe because I don’t like DRO so much on a lathe and only need it once in a while.

1 Like

Thanks for everyone who replied and helped out, I have now made two X,Y,Z cubes and it’s all fixed, I’ll watch over it and see if it happens again, thanks

1 Like

Probably true mine flutter measuring the same thing repeatedly likely doesn’t matter but I’m not a fan. In this instance the print measure calculate and reprint and verify. I can usually do that faster by print guess and reprint adjust. Visual artist.

1 Like

@Redracefpv so what did you do?

1 Like

Just printed more! ( it fixed itself I guess)

1 Like

Interesting a clog or partial clog? Oh well, gremlin.

1 Like

Not sure but hey it works now!

1 Like

I did print some TPU once and it came out good for me on my CR6.

I thought one is supposed to print TPU at slower speeds… Somewhere I read suggested 30mm/s. I forgot to change it to 30mms and printed at my usual 60mms. My part came out pretty good with some extra hairy strings.

1 Like