Tri-color printer

Hello Everyone
I’m looking at a new color mixing printer from Zonestar it is a Z8PM3. It looks like a Creality knock off. The price is very good and the features look to be quite good. Does anyone have any experience with either the company or this printer.
Thanks and good printing. Jim

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out! I would be cautious about buying this printer, there are a couple of red flags that I would like to point out to you. Firstly, whenever I want to buy something I always think about the expression “If it seems to good to be true, it probably is”. This printer seems pretty stacked with features, and it worries me, especially at this price, that it may be pretty stacked with features that kind of work but aren’t very polished. Another red flag is that there are no reviews on the product, and all the reviews on the sellers page seem sketchy at best. There are multiple copy and pasted reviews, there are a bunch of very basic bot type reviews, and there are even copy-pasted 1 star reviews with the exact same feedback from the seller.

I imagine that if you got this printer and it did in fact come with everything it was supposed to, you would most likely have a lot of upgrades in order to really make this print well. But there is always the possibility that it does in fact work great! Aliexpress does have a 75 day return guarantee, but I have never used it so I can’t tell you how good it is.

If I were you I would skip this printer and just get something like the prusa mmu, the voron ERCF, or the mosaic pallette. These are mmus from reputable brands that have lots of use and are quite trustworthy. The Z8PM3 looks like a gamble at best, but I do see some threads where people say they have enjoyed it.

Hope this can help you make a decision,
Matthew

Hi Matthew

Thanks for all the input.

Jim