Ultimate 3D Printing Materials Guide

After over a year of research, countless filament spools, and hundreds of hours of printing, our team is proud to present the Ultimate 3D Printing Materials Guide. Covering over a dozen of the most popular materials in use today, this guide will help you select the best material for your next project or improve the quality of your prints with tips from our experts. Use the tags below to quickly sort the materials based on their characteristics, or view our extensive Filament Properties Table for a detailed side-by-side comparison. Once you have selected a material, view a detailed article with pros and cons, hardware requirements, best practices, pro-tips, example projects and more! Whether you’re new to 3D printing or an advanced user looking to experiment with a new material, this guide has everything you need to make the most of your next project.

Click on source below to find all the different type of materials that 3D printing incorporates!

Source: Ultimate 3D Printing Materials Guide | Simplify3D

1 Like

That table is super helpful!

1 Like

It is so informative!

That is a good table for starting out and selecting materials to test printing with. I’d say it overly generalizes some of the materials because some I use don’t have check marks where they should on that table perhaps due to the additives of certain products.

1 Like

Oh that’s super cool! I’ve never seen a chart that also includes chemical resistance and UV resistance.

This is great I’ve been looking to see what else I can use without a heated bed. I’ve printed PLA and TPU without and problems so far.

A very popular one for chemical resistance is PEEK or PEKK. Check them out. Very very expensive!

2 Likes

Very handy guide. Thanks for sharing.

BTW, what category goes flex PLA fall under?

I picked up some a couple weeks ago, having trouble keeping the print going. It will get bunched up in the metal gears.

1 Like