Visual Studio Code

How do I open ?
Firmware.Bin
I converted a Tronxy X5SA Printer To a Ender 5 Plus configuration I am having problems with Z Axis which is the build table The difficulty is it goes down when homing i need to change the firmware to reverse homing direction. can someone help me
I purchase a SKR Mini E3 V2.0 from 3D printing Canada.
the board which does support Dual Axis motors. Every function Seems to be working correctly with exception of of the homing function. I need the ability to change the firmware by opening it in Visual Studio Code . In it’s present it dose not understand the file what am I doing wrong (rong) ?

Strongely suggest you find a tutorial for building your own firmware from the source. VS is not able to “open” a compiled firmware.

This is a fairly indepth tutorial which also covers VS code and Platform.io setup

4 Likes

I found the Piece very informative I am not sure if I could handle all without studying for some time but I got the gist of it

I looked at that today, I wanted to compile and try some different firmware. it’s not that bad really. Once you know how to find documentation for a firmware recipe it’s easy to navigate. Just knowing what you can and can’t change is a bit of a learning curve. In my firmware “Branch” there is a lot of explanation right inside the files

MY question is it the h.config file that I should use ?
This may be a dumb question

No… it depends what you want to change. From the Marlin page.

• Configuration.h contains the core settings for the hardware, language and controller selection, and settings for the most common features and components.
  • Configuration_adv.h serves up more detailed customization options, add-ons, experimental features, and other esoterica.

Basically but not always, if it’s new hardware there’s settings in adv.h you need to turn on. if its adjusting a setting on the hardware that’s already working its likely in .h

Here’s a video that can help get you started.

2 Likes