Walls separating

Uploading: IMG_0982.jpeg…

I am really new to 3D printing. I never had any issue like this before. I am printing in IIID Max PLA+ at 212 degrees and 60 degrees for the build plate.

The curved walls are separating on only 2/3 of the print and the opposite side print strongly.

welcome to 3D printing, some day suck.

I have used IIID Max + before with about the same settings and had good results, never had that happen.

There can be a lot of reasons. It is hard to guess, often it can be underextrusion. The texture and small gaps between lines points to this. not enough flow through the nozzle. That can have multiple causes too.

If the filament jammed? 111DMax for me prints perfectly well but has on multiple rolls now have a jammed filaments rolled really messy and one wrape is caught under another.

Have you calibrated the extruder? Here is a really easy way, Extrusion multiplier calibration | Prusa Knowledge Base

Is the first layer correct? If you have the extruder too far (or near) from the print surface it is always too far. The plastic will cool too much and not bond too itself. have you printed a calibration target? something like this (just an example there are 1000s pick one for your printer) Printables

I would suggest do the first layer print first and post it here. If that isn’t the issue (most likely IMO) then the extruder multiplier.

I tend to suggest better filament to start with, it eliminates that issues. Look for one that is very neatly wrapped. then that eliminates that as an issue.

It looks like I have to increase the space between the hotend and the build plate a little.

I have not calibrated the extruder since I bought the printer 5ish months ago.

Is there a better brand I can use for filament? I am trying a print on a brand new filament spool today.

That looks like under extrusion. my constant issues (the only filament I have problems with) IIIdmax I would suggest something else. I tend to suggest a super controlled filament that is constant size and rolled really well. I tend to prefer Prusament as it is perfect and can be checked roll by roll. But any that are spooled really neatly will be fine. If they have neat take up they are controlling the line well.

Anyone else wonder why some people/printers have trouble with different filaments and others don’t. My Ender 3V2 will eat up anything with very little trouble. If you read reviews of filaments from sellers there are always people bitching about a particular filament and how it isn’t any good (these are usually the better brands) but most don’t have a problem. Usually about a 70/30 mix.

I only have had issues with the IIID max I ordered three rolls one was tangled badly and loops were over the top of others. they did replace it. the replacement is full of kinks (that don’t feed) and one of the other rolls does as well. I still have a untouched but I am not sure I can be bothered to try it if it is like the other three rolls it is a waste of time if filament is jammed on the roll and will not come off.