Warped Print Bed - What To Do?

So, I’ve come across an issue with my stock Ender-3 that went unnoticed to me before as I was only printing fairly small pieces. A print that I had going suddenly developed a big warp on one side, and after some poking around I’ve discovered my print bed is slightly higher in the center. I saw there was another post on this topic, but the person had a BL touch which I do not have. What is the best solution for dealing with this warped bed without spending a lot of money or modifying the printer in any major way?

That is a common thing, just level the corners. It looks like you have something like a PEi print surface, you can change to a glass bed and use glue, that usually fixes that problem. Most slicers like Cura and Prusa have settings like brims and anti-warp tabs (sometimes they are add-ons) which will help hold the prints down. You should try thou’s first.

1 Like

My X1 had a warp too. Find out how bad it is if it is a lot you will not be able to average it out. I took a straight edge (metal ruler on the edge will work) and lay it across the high part to the corner try to get it level ish. and see what kind of pace you have at the corners. mine was over 1mm. I got a replacement from the manufacturer there is zero way to correct out that large a gap. If it is less than a MM you might be able to live with it.

You could also upgrade the bed competely to a better system. There are a few making replacement beds of better quality.
Ender 3 Cast Aluminum Magnetic Bed Upgrade | SPOOL3D Canada or 3-Point Heated Bed Upgrade for Creality Ender 3 5 and Pro 3D Printers

If it is bad I would just replace it. I went through 3 beds before I got a sort of flat one. PITA.

You could also try loosing all the tension on it (back the tramming (levelling) screws all the way off and heat it to close to max for 20 mins and allow it to cool to room temp naturally and repeat 2 or 3 times. If there is expansion issues it might allow some of the warp introduced during manufacturing to relax out. MIGHT. It helped a tiny bit with the X1 bed.

How should i fix this on an ender 3 v2 with a glass bed

You can try releasing al the tension and heat cool it a few times I might relax the warp. It is a result of poor QC. If that fails replace it. I ran that route with an X1 3 beds later I got an ok one. If they have an issue with out it is likely replacements will also.

It is why there are so many 3rd party replacement systems. The shipped one is poor. If it were really good there would be little to no demand.

If you have a warped bed and have one of the flexible surfaces on it then the warp will come through onto the surface. Use a piece of glass, it is usually flat and strong enough to hold it’s own on a warped bed.