Warped split prints

Using nova water washable resin. I have had several of these prints split. It happens several hours after being cured? Not sure if this is a curing issue or something to do with chitubox slicing software
Using a voxelab proxima resin printer.

1 Like

Im not “resin” certified XD jks But its looking to me like its shrinking which is causing your cracking from my perspective

To be more helpful though, what is it your trying to print?

Is that support structure left on after curing? Or is it possible for liquid resin to be trapped after printing?

Prints are washed in creality washer. I added holes in the prints to aid in removing unused resin. I removed the supports before curing to allow UV light better access to print. I might try adding some heavy supports inside. I’m a newb resin printer :slight_smile:

1 Like

A shot in the dark, but did you make sure your prints were fully dried before curing?

I’ve had a few prints with thin walls split after curing because I had some wet IPA or resin still floating around after curing.

2 Likes

So I have been printing with resin for some time now, and started with the Voxelab Proxima. To me this is over exposure and curing while wet. Can you show your resin settings in a post?

1 Like

I’ve printed some figures without issue. I’m starting to blow of the prints before I cure them now.
Exposure 2.5s bottom exposure 20s layer .05mm
Light off 0s bottom light off 0s

2 Likes

How is the printing going now? I hope the problem has been resolved.

Kinda gave up printing those shipping containers.
Even the ones that printed ok still had uneven surfaces where the supports deformed the print. I find miniatures turn out great but basic shapes are troublesome.
Thanks

1 Like

I find anything with alot of flat surfaces can be tricky with a resin printer.
I always assumed it has something to do with the tension made when pulling away from the FEP.

Were you printing these flat on the build surface or on a 45 degree angle? I’ve had alot more success printing flat things on an angle.

I didn’t really think you could print on the flat surface since everything you see is tilted 45 degrees :smirk:. On angle the tension seems to deform the print where it supports touch it.
I tried printing a few flat and removing them is tough. I made an adjustment to the bed height to help with removing prints. I printed some crazy small droid arms flat yesterday that I was able to remove with a razor blade. They are so small and fragile I doubt I’ll be able to even glue them on the body. Just like filament printing there are tons of variables

2 Likes