Wham Bam build surface kit details

There is three choices of build surface with Wham Bam. PC, PEX and PEI.

These surfaces require a Spring Steel Sheet under them and a magnet that you stick to the bare bed.

The Creality magnet may or may not work as we cannot confirm magnets alignment,

The Wham Bam units have stronger magnet sticker.

You can either buy each part individually (Magnet + Flexi Plate + Print surface) or buy one of our kits:

The FBS comes with:

1 Wham Bam Flexi Magnetic Base (high temp-resistant up to 150 degrees with high temp 3M adhesive)

1 Wham Bam Flexi Build Plate (spring steel)

1 Wham Bam PEX Build Surface Custom Formulated PEX (with high temp 3M adhesive)

1 Steel Wool 000 (for prepping your PEX Build Surface)

The Double Wham comes with:

1 Wham Bam Flexi Magnetic Base (high temp-resistant up to 150 degrees with high temp 3M adhesive)

2 Wham Bam Flexi Build Plate (spring steel)

2 Wham Bam PEX Build Surface Custom Formulated PEX (with high temp 3M adhesive)

1 Steel Wool 000 (for prepping your PEX Build Surface)

I installed a double wham kit on my Ender 3 and use a Creality powdered PEI kit on my CR-6-SE. I can confirm that both plates work with either magnet, for secure printing. In fact, although the two bed sizes are different, it is possible to use either sheet on the other printer, if one is careful to align them to pass between the gantry pillars.

1 Like

hey, i got a wb plate for my mars2pro resin printer. i use mr clean to rinse my finished parts and notice there’s a bit of residue that remains, that cant be removed with ipa. is this normal? i gave it a light sanding with the fine grit paper included, and seems better.

I installed the Wham Bam on my Ender 3 and on my Elegoo Saturn. I honestly haven’t tried the Saturn yet but I’m having a hell of a time getting prints to stick to the PEI sheet. Ice scratched that puppy up at least a dozen times with the pad provided and it works some of the time. I’m getting pretty fed up tbh. Any advice to help get PEI stick?

What filament Are you having trouble with?

I mainly print PLA but i also have PETG that has issues.

Printed a small 41x41mm print that came loose off the bed and jammed up my hotend.

I’ve followed all the videos and stuff not seeming to get good bed adhesion. IPA to clean, scratch the loving crap out of it, turn up the heat, slow down the first layer to 15mm/s. I have a BLTouch dialed in for great first layer when it works and i level the bed often.

1 Like

Same boat here. Just purchased a WhamBam, got it all installed, cleaned, prepped, levelled. Upped the bed temp to 70 degrees (printing PLA). I think about 60% of my prints fail (usually after at least an hour of printing) because the items come un-stuck from the plate. The odd time that this thing actually works, it’s fantastic. I’m about ready to tear it off and go back to my original bed since at least things stuck to it, often far too well which was the reason I got the WhamBam in the first place.

@Poochie maybe try some cheap hairspray on it after you clean it with the alcohol.

Yeah, it may come to that. I had hoped to avoid it, since this thing (the WhamBam) wasn’t exactly cheap.

OK, so I reached out to WhamBam for some help. End result, I lowered my Z offset by another 0.01mm, and ended up lowering my hot end temp from 205 to 195 based on a temp tower that Wham Bam suggested I print out. I’ve now printed about a half dozen different projects, all stayed happily stuck to the bed surface until it cooled down, and then they slid right off.

Wham Bam were quick to reply, asking for pictures of my first layers and failed prints. They seem eager to help, I wouldn’t hesitate to get in touch with them again if I have any grief.

2 Likes