What’s the most functional/useful item u have printed

What’s the most functional/useful item u have printed

1 Like

The most functional print I have made gets used everyday, my razor stands. Nothing super fancy but practical.

4 Likes

Vacuum hose adapters!
I can’t overstate how cool it is to connect your very expensive tools to your very expensive hepa filter job-site vacuum without the use of skeezy duct tape.
Sainsmart TPU is superb for this application and my Biqu B1 cranks them out at 45mm/sec.

2 Likes

Most useful so far, a mini honeycomb tool organizer. PrusaPrinters

1 Like

Not sure if it fits, but it’s pretty functional. I 3d-printed plates / mounts / shelves for my home mini server. I built the case itself out of wood (quickly and poorly, heh), and used a pair of 12U rails - and then used shelves from a 10" Server Project. It results in a reasonably tidy setup.

I’ll need to conquer my fear of PETG and print them with a more resilient material; I actually lost my nvidia shield shelf today because it warped so much from the heat. I could also design a proper shelf for it that is more a combination of side brackets for it, leaving the bottom exposed…

3 Likes

There’s a lot. But probably the most practical was the drain fitting for the humidifier on our furnace. The original had crumbled. The one I modelled and printed has worked flawlessly for three years now. And, of course, if it fails, I still have the model. :grinning:

First print I ever did that was designed on my own was this print to replace the missing end on my chair. At the time I was so proud to get it to fit haha.

1 Like

Designed and build a 3axis gimbal calibration test stand for my FIMI X8 SE 2020 drone.
No measurement to line it up and it keeps it level, easy to do a quick check of the camera level or adjusting it.

1 Like