What Shore Hardness is Standard TPU

@Jason or anyone else who might know. Do you know what the shore hardness of your standard TPU is?

Thanks!

If I recall correctly, its 95a shore hardness

Pity, I am looking for 85a shore hardness TPU. Availability of black ninjaflex(85a) TPU in Canada isn’t great, and I have never been a big fan of nearly $100/kg for filament either. This stuff looks pretty decent, but I would like something a little more flexible.

Is there a particular reason why this won’t work?

Probably none in particular. I guess I’ve always used TPU instead of TPE because TPU is supposed to be a little easier to print, and can be stretched further without being permanently deformed. Might be worth giving that TPE a go though.

My only experience is with a different brand of 82a tpe and the 3dpc house brand 95a tpu.
The tpe is for sure a bit harder to print but not massively so.
I would say it has pretty good stretch before deformation too.

What are you planning on using it for?

Probably nothing that TPE wouldn’t work for. Some seals, some replacement feet for some kitchen equipment, the odd 1/64 scale heavy equipment tire, and other miscellany. I don’t print a huge amount of flexible filaments. Nothing that I can think of off the top of my head that would really require high stretch before deformation. So I am maybe just resisting change. :grin:

I have had a look and cannot get the answer quickly for TPU specifically.

We do have 2 types of TPU just so everyone is aware.

We have our “standard line” and we have our “Comparable to Sainsmart”

I am not sure about our standard line but I am going to flag @lauran on this and she may be able to research it for us.

The comparable to Sainsmart is 95 A Shore Hardness.

When we get the answer to the first one I will ask Lauran to update the item descriptions on the website so Its easier for everyone to find the information they are looking for.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Jason

1 Like

@Jason @MicroFarmModels

Standard TPU is 90A.
I’ve updated the website to include that in the description - I’ve also got the spec sheet from the supplier as well in case anyone needs to see that.

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

Perfect, Thanks @lauran , Your awesome