What was your first 3D printer ever?

XYZ Da Vinci 1.0a from 2015

2 Likes

Ender 3 was my first printer. It’s been great so far (a couple of years).

2 Likes

I had a failed Tiko as my first. It was a tragic project too much new things with not enough we know this works things. It started me off but in the end really was a futile exercise. It worked ok at best and the issues came down to the core design. It is likely why I just want 3D printers to work out of the box.

2 Likes

Panowin f1, j’étais sĂ©duit par le fait que tous les axes fonctionnaient avec vis, pas de courroies. J’ai payĂ© un peu plus de 500$ pour une surface d’impression de 12 x 12 cm. La machine ne fonctionne plus
 :thinking:

J’ai du travailler trĂšs fort pour obtenir des impressions correctes. Le plateau Ă©tait inĂ©gal et n’était pas au niveau et il n’y avait pas d’ajustement possible sur la machine. J’ai changĂ© la base de mĂ©tal pour pouvoir placer des vis d’ajustement sous le module de l’axe de Y. J’ai fixĂ© une plaque de verre sur le plateau avec du ruban double face et j’ai ajoutĂ© des plaques de verre sous les piliers de l’axe Z pour compenser. J’ai aussi modĂ©lisĂ© et imprimĂ© un support pour les bobines de filament. L’imprimante Ă  bien fonctionnĂ©e pendant deux ans. J’avais aussi achetĂ© un petit laser qui pouvait se fixer Ă  la place de la tĂȘte d’impression. C’est probablement les changements de tĂȘtes qui ont brisĂ© les fils! :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Man, I remember that kickstarter, that machine had so much potential! To bad it didn’t fly.

3 Likes

@frozenrc it was a cool ,machine. I don’t regret backing it I just wish they did’t over extend themselves. I think it would still be around.

2 Likes

that Panowin f1 looks crazy heavy-duty, would be something I would look at just to check out the engineering in it.

@RogerGaudreau just for curiosity do you have any other pics of it showing some of the design elements?

1 Like

Hi Jason,
Here some photos! Direct drive extruder, dual z screw, all axis on the same type of screw.
IMG_4330|666x500

1 Like

My first 3d printer was an Adimlab Gantry-s i bought last year in June. Its essentially an ender 3 copy, but had a good community and at that time i couldnt find an ender 3 on amazon for the same price.

Its had a few things changed here and there. Its mostly a testbed for me to learn about 3d printers, as now i have a prusa mini and CR10s Pro.

Voxelab Proxima resin printer. I absolutely love it, and use it daily.

1 Like

Tevo Tarantula, good to have built it but I think now I am going to repurpose it into a CNC machine.
Now have CR10s Pro V1 at home and (2) Xinkebot’s and a Kelant resin printer at work. Not enough time in the day to enjoy them all.

1 Like

i first got started with a Tinkerine dittopro at the local manshed when i was doing a drafting and 3d printing course in grade 9. Now (2 years later) i run an ender5 pro no updates yet but might add a direct drive

1 Like

My first and current printer, an Ender 3V2 but the more I mod it the less it resembles the machine I purchased.

1 Like

Great question! The very first 3D printer I owned was a Prusa i3 MK2, which I purchased several years ago. I had been fascinated by 3D printing for a while, and after doing some research and reading reviews, I decided to take the plunge and invest in my own printer.

When I first got started in the 3D printing world, I had no prior experience with CAD modeling or 3D design. So, I spent a lot of time learning the basics of 3D modeling and tinkering with various design software programs.

After I had created some designs that I was happy with, I began printing them on my Prusa i3 MK2. It was definitely a learning curve, as I had to figure out the best settings for my printer and how to troubleshoot any issues that came up during the printing process.

However, the more I printed and learned, the more I fell in love with the possibilities that 3D printing offered. Since then, I’ve upgraded to newer printers and continued to learn and explore the world of 3D printing.

Overall, getting started in the 3D printing world was a bit daunting at first, but it has been a rewarding experience and I’m excited to see how this technology continues to evolve in the future.

HI @selfcad

Welcome to the forum, Glad you found us here in our little corner of the interwebs. :slight_smile:

Love to hear about the experiences others have had, successes and failures.

Hope to see you here often, Let us know what you’re working on. Thanks for posting

Appreciate it
Jason