Who here has leftover ABS filament? (2-3m)

Hey gang. I want to print a fan duct for my printer. The designer of the part says not to bother trying PLA, as it can’t stand the heat. He says to use ABS

I have no other use for ABS filament for now and don’t want to order a whole spool of the stuff. So if you have leftover filament or, maybe, even if you can print the part for me, if would be appreciated. I reside in Quebec near the Lacolle border station.

On the other hand, if you think of some uses I might have for ABS filament please let me know.

1 Like

Is your machine set up for ABS and do you have an enclosure for it? You can use PETG for that also and it is suppose to be easier to print.

1 Like

ASA works quite well. Do you have an STL? I have some ASA I am in NS but there is always post.

@kitedemon I do but apparently, I can’t upload that type of file…

I followed the link from this youtube video and downloaded the file from there.

Hey @gondolin I have the files: Fan Duct 22 Degree Stock - Wide - FlowTested-3, LED Fan Duct 22 Degree Stock - Wide, LED Fan Duct 24 Degree Mod - Wide

Which one or all three? I am at work now, I have a late in the day meeting at 430 and a union meeting following that. If I have any energy left I will line these up and print them tonight. It might be tomorrow however. The ASA I have is either light grey (I think there is some) or a mint green

I can post these if you want. Let me know if you wish me to run these off for you?

Alex

Fan Duct 22 Degree Stock - Wide - FlowTested-3 grey would be fine. There is no rush for this. Just trying to tweek things to minimize clogs

1 Like

Sorry @gondolin I didn’t start it yesterday I got home after 10 pm and was wiped out. 14 hours of work meeting and union stuff was too much. I am going to slice it now and print it over night.

1 Like

No worris kidedemon. You are much too kind. Thanks so much.

I have a pair printed the overhang is a bit ugly, ocd personality, I am running it again and will post tomorrow.