World’s first MagLev desktop FFF 3D printer by Peopoly

Peopoly’s new MagLev 3D printer, the Magneto X, is now available for pre-order on their official website. You can also see it in action for the first time at the East Coast RepRap Festival (ERRF) from September 30 to October 1. Initially, the Magneto X will be available to customers in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, the European Union, and Australia, with shipments starting in mid-November.

So, what sets the Magneto X apart from other 3D printers? The key feature lies in Peopoly’s proprietary MagXY magnetic levitation linear motor system, which controls the X and Y axes of the printer. Instead of using traditional belts and pulleys, the MagXY system employs electromagnet technology, eliminating common artifacts found in FFF 3D printers, such as ringing and vertical fine artifacts (VCA). Furthermore, this system remains cool during printing, ensuring high accuracy and repeatability within 3 microns. The closed-loop system with position feedback allows the motor to self-correct lost steps, providing optimized performance data.

Read more: Technical specifications and pricing of the Magneto X, the world’s first MagLev desktop FFF 3D printer, have been launched by Peopoly. – 3D Printing News

What are your thoughts on this style of motion system in the 3d printing world?

Why do you think Peopoly has gone away from resin-based 3d printers to an FFF style?

1 Like

Very interesting.

You can get more information (along with a sale video of the printer) here:

The name is somewhat misleading as I was expecting “MagLev” to mean that it is the full motion system; when you watch the video, you’ll see that linear rails are still used with the printer (not to mention lead screws for the Z axis). I was expecting that along with moving the carriage and hot end, “MagLev” meant that there was no contact between the moving parts.

Somewhat expensive but has good features - I’ll be interested in seeing a review.

I am with you on that one. I am curious about the closed loop portion of the control system, I guess it would work the same was with stepper motors.

Trying to get my head around that kinda layout, I am with you though, cannot wait to see a real review video on it.

1 Like

Me too, this could be big.