BIQU B1 by BigTreeTech - This things neat

This is good to know, thanks! I’m thinking a BL Touch will be heading this way as soon as the good folks here at 3DPC get restocked.

1 Like

yes Glenn it definitely will just bear in mind you’ll need to put some type of enclosure around your printer I recommend the grow tents from Amazon they work wonderful and you could also vent them outside your home and put a little heater in there

2 Likes

Looks like an extension cable is needed to install the BLT. Which one did you get, the 1.2, 1.5, or the 2.0?
Thanks!

The 1.2 was recommended and works perfectly. This is on the B1

1 Like

Thank you!! I made the mistake of looking at the new BIQU BX. Fortuntately I have no more room for another printer.

1 Like

I haven’t really had a chance. I’ve just got this one working well and it’s been running pretty much 24 hours so maybe I need another.

Glenn beat me to it. 1.2m is the perfect size.

Double confirmation, thanks!!

I’m the ‘build-it-from-scratch’ guy who swore that there was absooutley no way that I would never-ever-never buy a 3D printer. Now I have 3.

1 Like

this one plugs right in

https://3dprintingcanada.com/products/bltouch-extension-cables-ecbiqu12

1 Like

There was a guy in Dundalk that was making 3d printers, wonder what happened to him?

Thank you! Do you have to do anything outside of plugging it in and running up the machine to activate it?
Les

yes you just have to enable it in the screen menu I believe it’s under movement then you have to turn the BL touch on it’s already in the firmware you just have to turn it on don’t be nervous when the BL touch doesn’t pop out it’s still uses the Z end stop to home and then uses the BL touch

1 Like

Thank you! This is great information.

yup, What PJ said. I’ll only add that you will want to square the bed by hand first the movement menu you can select ABL and ABL/on it will do a bed level routine then ask you to save the settings. it’ll be good to go after that except for setting your z offset when you start your first print.

no problem brother anytime I’m here to help

Thanks! Sounds like the same process as with the CR 10 Pro, which I have really grown to like!
Les

Lately my BIQU is making an interesting noise when I first switch it on. It seems to come from the back end of the base and sounds as if a fan were trying to spin up but was getting stuck. It will do this several times and then the noise stops and it runs normally, sort of. Lots of leveling issues and failed prints these last few days. But the BL Touch is on the way.
Any thoughts?

There are 2 fans inside the base and 3 on the print head. On mine all of them are noisey and 2 have failed. 3dpc replaced one for me and that one started making noise today. I have a ticket with BTT when they get back to work.

2 Likes

Thank you, Glenn. It’s defintely inside the base. Guessing the base way to check is to take the bottom off to get inside it and fire it up. Quite frankly, I’m getting used to taking it apart and having to clean out PLA globs in the hot end. Looks like there was a leak so a new nozzle was installed and the leak continued so another one was installed today and I’ve run our of spares. I’m reluctant to use it and am getting a strong sense of buyer’s remorse, thinking I should have gotten another Ender 3 V2. Anyhow, new nozzles are on the way along with the BL Touch and the 1.2 cable. So hopefully this will alleviate the leveling issues. I still have much to learn about the nuances of 3D printing.