BIQU B1 by BigTreeTech - This things neat

Hello I have Biqu B1 and I am having problem
here the videos one is print head stop dead on print and will not resume and the other is a print that was 84 % done and this is what happening i try different print and only get so far and it printed so far then go nut like the one video i try cura and slicer 3d simpfly . I tried ender 3 profile and biqu on cura and ever did my own and I cant get a large pint to finish

sorry have to find a way to post video

Hello Glenn, I take it back. Itā€™s not inside the base. It got my attention just now with more noise and looking at it I saw that the fan on the right side of the hot end is at a dead stop, the other two are running fine at 100%. So I guess I need to replace it.
Les

the one on the right side of the head is the one thats failing on mine now too. That one only comes on with F0 usually after the first few layers or bridging and stuff. itā€™s set by cura and the speed varies.

This is what I get when it is set to 100% and it first comes on. it quiets down after a minute this is what the other fan did before it failed this is the second one that actually just started working again after I pointed at it and said youā€™re deadā€¦ but itā€™s not long for this world

Hi Glenn,
Thatā€™s the one! Almost identical sounds. Mine is DOA and doing nothing. Though the good is that it looks like I fixed the leak problem. I also have an Ender 3 V2 and a CR 10S Pro V2 and have had more trouble with B1 than with other two combnied. And Iā€™ve only had it a few weeks. Anyway, Iā€™m thinking it may not be bad to go ahead and get several fans to have spares on hand. Is it relatively simple to replace?
Les

yup they are not hard to replace. stuffs small though. That fan is, I think diferent from the rest. I think it has 4 wires. it plugs in the little circuit board in the head.

Sounds good, thank you! It sprung another leak. Not as bad as the first two, but itā€™s another leak. The printā€™s at 82% and is turning out nicely (thatā€™s the maddening part about this printer; when itā€™s on , itā€™s on) so Iā€™ll let it finish and then shut it down and wait for the BL Touch and nozzles to get here. Wondering if I need to reset or replace the filamant tube.

When I replaced the first fan it really highlighted how noisy the rest were. Itā€™s like when your car needs a muffler and you put one on and suddenly the water pump seems noisy too

Are you bushing the tube all the way in before you tighten the fitting, so it squashes the tube against the bottom? I had mine off once and stimmed the end with a flush cutter before I put it back on. Can you take a photo or video of the leak?

I just finished the teaching tech printer calibration. for the first time, I understand a bit more now. When I was having my bed adhesion issue I started printing hotter and that was unnecessary it works better with PLA at 190 which I think is what the preheating preset is. I donā€™t get any stringing on the stringing test part but I did have to adjust the E-steps and the flow. So my only issue is the fans and whatever the BL touch bug is. 3DPC has been good but they did tell me to go to BTT directly on one issue and I never heard back from them about my adhesion issue.

Yup, I did that erlier today before I put the new nozzle on. Itā€™s on the back side of the nozzle and was not nearly as bad as before. So I think Iā€™m on the right track. Itā€™s all cleand up now but I will take a picture if it happens agian. I printed up a Dragonlock Village figure using Hatchbox cool gray filament and it came out fine. Whatā€™s up with the BL Touch? Sounds like itā€™s not doing what itā€™s supposed to either.

For the most part itā€™s behaved and worked like it should. once in a while Iā€™ll get a probing error and have to power cycle the machine. Also, Once in a while Iā€™ll change files and the ABL turns itself off either at the end of the last file or start of the new one, havenā€™t pinned it down yet. but itā€™ll get and error saying to check if I have BL Touch and the sensor wonā€™t respond after that until cycle the power. When it does get an error I have to double check ABL is still turned nest time on or it will get an error and not respond again, needing a reset. Iā€™m just not sure whatā€™s starting this problem in the first place. It seems to be related to certain files.

Weā€™ll see what happens when the BLT gets here next week. The upside is that Iā€™ll be learning a great deal about 3D printer trouble-shooting and how to fix stuff when it konks out.
Thanks for all your guidance and patience as I continue to learn the often very subtle ins-and -outs of 3D printing!

I have a file Iā€™ve been printing a few times that the BL touch fails on afterward every time so Iā€™m zeroing in. Iā€™m going to start a new thread on it.

The new thread will be good. Aside from the dead fan in the hot end, my better-half, whose hearing is still 100%, told me the noise is coming from inside the machine on the right side. Iā€™m going to learn alot about BIQU B1 anatomy today!

well like I was saying once you get the noisiest fan fixed youā€™ll hear the rest of them.

The BL Touch and 1.2 cable arrived last night. It looks like some connectors will need be assembled from the bag with all kinds of parts before being able to plug anything together. Are there any tutorials out there that are very clear on how this needs to be done?
Thanks!

nope that should just plug in. I think the BL touch package is a generic one that fits anything

OK, got it, thanks! I took the connector that was attached to the BLT out and replaced it with the extension cable. I was definitely over-engineering this one! Now on to the printer.

when I did mine I leveled the bed first really well and BLT took it from there.

Itā€™s working, but after it does itā€™s cycle and I hit ā€˜printā€™ the nozzle is too far from the build plate. Iā€™m thinking I may have tinkered too much with the Z offset.

how much too far? Iā€™m reading about a firmware update that, I think, Does away with the Z limit switch in favour of the BLT but sets some soft limit that the unit wonā€™t go below Iā€™ll see if I can find where I read it but what I read was the height was 14mm or so and wouldnā€™t come down, does that sound like you?